#SchoolBusAccidents #MotorVehicleAccidents #TruckAccident
Even at slow speeds, school bus accidents can be horrific. Drivers are following complex routes, stopping and starting frequently, and are often distracted by their passengers. As a result, serious school bus accidents occur far too often.
Why School Bus Accidents Happen
The most common causes of school bus accidents are:
- Driver error or negligence. Drivers must take all necessary safety precautions and acquire the skills necessary to drive large buses.
- Weather conditions.
- Blind spots.
- Turning left.
- Bus company negligence.
While school buses provide the safest transportation to and from school, serious and even fatal injuries can result from:
- A crash with another vehicle.
- A single-vehicle crash, if the bus slides off the road or collides with another object.
- A slip and fall while getting on or off the bus.
- A pedestrian accident while attempting to cross the street.
Depending on the accident itself and what the underlying cause was, there can be multiple parties responsible for your child’s injury:
- The school bus driver may not have been driving responsibly.
- The school district may not have given the driver proper training
- The driver of another vehicle may be at fault for the accident.
- A private school, church, or organization which owns and operates the bus.
Leaving the Scene of an Accident
Traffic law in New York requires certain steps of drivers who have been involved in an accident. Failure to follow these steps can result in serious consequences. If you leave the scene of an accident without exchanging insurance information or if you do not wait for the police to arrive after an accident, there may be serious legal consequences.
What if the driver responsible for an accident cannot be located?
If you’re unable to find the person who hit your car, you’ll have to file a claim with your own insurance company. Generally, uninsured motorist coverage compensates drivers for hit and run accident.
You May Also Be Eligible for MVAIC
The Motor Vehicle Accident Indemnification Corporation (MVAIC) offers No-Fault and Bodily Injury coverage for individuals who are injured in a motor vehicle accident, such as pedestrians and cyclists, but do not have any accessible insurance to help cover their losses. The MVIAC provides both No-fault benefits up to $50,000.00, and coverage for up to $25,000.00 per person injured in a crash.
How Can a New York Bus and Truck Accident Attorney Help?
School bus accidents can be more complex than car accidents. If you were injured in a school bus crash, Karasik Law Group will fight for your family’s right to compensation for every dollar you are entitled to under the law. Call us to today at (718) 502-9112 to schedule a free consultation. And be sure to visit our website at www.karasiklawyers.com. At Karasik Law Group, winning matters. Win with us! We speak for the injured; our results speak for themselves.