Alexander Karasik, Esq.
Alexander Karasik the founder of Karasik Law Group, P.C. Mr. Karasik is a trial lawyer. His practice concentrates on the prosecution of personal injury, medical malpractice, wrongful death, and construction accident cases. Recognized by his peers and adversaries alike for his exceptional litigation skills, Mr. Karasik is proud that his cases resulted in some of the highest verdicts and settlements in NY for specific injuries. For instance, in 2019 Mr. Karasik closed a car accident case involving a laminectomy procedure for a sum of $700,000.00, which, upon information and belief, is among the highest amounts received for such injury. In 2021, the Court awarded $1,500,000.00 to his client in a highly contentious litigation matter involving a commercial dispute. Mr. Karasik’s cases appeared in Daily News newspaper, where his statements in defense of his clients were quoted by journalists.
Mr. Karasik was born in Riga, Latvia from where he immigrated to the US with his family in 1983. Prior to law school, Mr. Karasik enjoyed an illustrious sales career in the areas of business and technology services, having negotiated several million dollars in business, achieving great success. But since law was always his calling in life, he decided to pursue his passion in 2002 when he enrolled in law school at the Sheppard Broad Law Center at Nova Southeastern University (“NSU”). In his spare time, Mr. Karasik enjoys coaching his children’s soccer team, skiing, chess and playing guitar.
Mr. Karasik earned his Juris Doctor degree from NSU and has studied international law at the Moscow State University, Moscow Russia (“MGU”). In law school, Mr. Karasik was soon recognized for his scholastic performance being a multiple recipient of the top “Book Award” in Bankruptcy and Uniform Commercial Transaction courses, and has completed the international law program at MGU with honors. Mr. Karasik was born in Riga, Latvia from where he immigrated to the US with his family in 1983. Prior to law school, Mr. Karasik enjoyed an illustrious sales career in the areas of business and technology services, having closed multi-million dollars in business, achieving great success. But since law was always his calling in life, he decided to pursue his passion in 2002 when he enrolled in law school at the Sheppard Broad Law Center at Nova Southeastern University (“NSU”).
Recognized for his outstanding litigation skills by both peers and adversaries, Mr. Karasik has obtained large trial verdicts and settlements in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, wrongful death and construction accidents. Driven by a fierce desire to surpass his clients’ most ambitious expectations, Mr. Karasik has fought for each dollar in compensation for his clients. He recently obtained a $950,000.00 settlement for a client in a truck accident case. He considers his clients his friends, and treats them as such and in return gets the same warm treatment from his clients. Mr. Karasik subscribes to the motto: “being a good lawyer means living your client’s plight as if it were your own.” Mr. Karasik is a member of the New York Trial Lawyers’ Association.
Honors and Affiliations
- New York State Bar Association
- Member, Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- United States Bankruptcy Court Eastern and Southern District of New York
- United States District Court Eastern and Southern District of New York
Representative Litigation Matters
- Successfully closed a case against the City of New York in an amount of $1,200,000.00 involving a trip and fall on the NYC Boardwalk.
- Obtained favorable settlement in a medical malpractice case involving bed sores against a nursing home.
- Successfully represented a client in a dental malpractice case resulting in $210,000.00 award to his client for damages.
- Successfully closed a case near full available policy limit of $850,000.00 involving a wrongful death claim.
- Successfully closed a case at full policy limit of $250,000.00 involving a truck accident.