CAR ACCIDENT: MVAIC
#NoFault #CarAccident #Collision #AutoAccident #WinningMatters #WinWithUs #MVAIC
WHAT IS MVAIC?
MVAIC stands for Motor Vehicle Accident Indemnification Corporation. If you have been in a motor vehicle accident, No-Fault and Bodily Injury coverage are a means of compensation for medical bills, lost wages and bodily injury. In some instances, these types of coverage may not be available to the injured party. If you are injured in an accident and have absolutely no access to No-Fault or Bodily Injury coverage, you may be eligible to receive this coverage through this non-profit organization called the Motor Vehicle Accident Indemnification Corporation.
EXAMPLES OF WHEN AN INJURED PARTY MAY REQUIRE MVAIC
- You are a pedestrian and are hit by a car that is uninsured.
- You are a pedestrian and are hit by a car that leaves the scene of the accident.
- You are an operator of a bicycle and you are in an accident with a car that is uninsured.
- You are an operator of a bicycle and you are in an accident with a car that leaves the scene of the accident.
EXAMPLES OF ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR MVAIC COMPENSATION
- You were involved in a motor vehicle accident in the state of New York.
- No other automobile insurance is available to you. Note: if a household. member owns an insured motor vehicle, you will have to file a claim to see if they will cover your losses before filing a claim with MVAIC.
- You weren’t the owner of the uninsured vehicle involved in the accident.
IMPORTANT TIME FRAMES TO CONSIDER
- You must report your motor vehicle accident to the police within 24 hours of the incident.
- You must submit a Notice of Intention to make a claim (NOI) along with a Household Affidavit to MVAIC within 90 days of your accident if it was a Hit and Run or unidentified motor vehicle.
- You must submit a Notice of Intention to make a claim (NOI) along with a Household Affidavit to MVAIC within 180 days of the accident if the accident was with an identified motor vehicle.
How Can a New York Car Accident Attorney Help?
If you or a loved have been seriously injured in a car accident, Karasik Law Group will fight for your family’s right to compensation for every dollar you are entitled to under the law. Call us to today at (718) 502-9112 to schedule a free consultation. And be sure to visit our website at www.karasiklawyers.com. At Karasik Law Group, winning matters. Win with us! We speak for the injured; our results speak for themselves.